Wednesday, July 15, 2015

July 14-15: A Museum and An Underwater scene

July 14-15: A Museum and An Underwater scene
30 Day BG Challenge 14 & 15
Why no paints you say? Well last night I was painting a museum when five minutes from completion my surge protector shorts out. When my computer restarts and I reopen the file I discover that the PSD is corrupted….. Which would be shitty if it was just one day’s paint, but it was my past week’s worth of paintings. So I lost seven paintings. I was pretty devastated because some I was going to go back and finish. But after I cried for a while I got back to work and the new composition for the museum is better than the one I had painted. Then comes today… Where every time I started to paint and about halfway through it happened again! No recovered file just one corrupted mess. So that’s why even today’s isn’t painted, it was just too frustrating. Enjoy so sloppy like art for today.
I do hope to get around to painting these two despite the current anger I feel towards the pieces…. Maybe they are cursed?
In the end lesson learned: don’t have multiple days worth of paintings in the same file, save incrementally, and get a decent damn surge protector. So tomorrow back to paintings as usual, at least I hope so. Right now though I’m going to do something other than Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment