Sunday, July 19, 2009

Illustration Friday: "TANGO"

My submission for "Tango" over at Illustration Friday. I did this quick sketch last night and inked(I really need to practice inking more) it today. I thought it would look good if he dress was really vibrant, but looking at the illustration now and I am really thinking it would look better if the rest was colored maybe less intense than the dress though. Then maybe within the border I could do a line drawing of an Argentinian city. But I don't know, this was a quickie and it's only 6x6 inches.
This was not what I had originally planned to draw, but I found my idea was too complex and I had no idea to put it on paper. I do like how this came out though especially the dress. I think next time I do a marker illustration I will use bristol board because the colors blend really nicely.

16 comments:

  1. I really like it! The movement is great and the composition adds to it. I like your colouring idea, but I'm not sure about the city silhouette (I've known to have been wrong, though!). Anyway, you draw really well and the piece looks terrific even without any changes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it just as it is. Don't change a thing - this is perfectly perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice piece, great movement and love the vibrant color use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I was thinking it was perfect! I love that you used one color, it really makes it stand out. The movement of the dress is spectacular and the perspective is unique and outstanding! That dress is amazing! Leave it alone, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it with just some red! It adds emphasis to the dress and the movement of it.

    Thanks for your comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its gorgeous!! Such amazing movement and the red dress is just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is really gorgeous, sexy and passionate! great movement and lovely angle! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way you used the red! And it's good the way it is; it doesn't need anything like a city added.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice! I like the fact that you used red as the only color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the dimensional red dress against the minimalist line drawing. The empty background keeps the focus on the characters.
    Cheers,
    wrenaissance-art.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Kim, Great to see you here again this week : )
    I love your everyday couple in their dramatic moment of passion. And I love the movement in this piece, and that it is just bursting out of the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love LOVE the red white and black scheme....
    great composition!!!

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! your linework is amazing!

    ReplyDelete